Friday, February 27, 2015

Chocolate Truffles

I love to "veganize" recipes.  I, like you, watch the Food Network and search the Internet for recipes to Pin.  This next recipe was based on a recipe from the Pioneer Woman on the Food Network.  Not all of her recipes, heck not most of her recipes are easy to veganize but this one was very easy to translate and made with ingredients I always have on hand.  The original recipe made them into Brownie pops.  I however made them into a grown up chocolate truffle so my daughter wouldn't want them.  Boy was I wrong.
 
Chocolate Truffles
 2 cups of powdered sugar
1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 sticks of Earth balance butter, melted
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 bags of Chocolate dream semi sweet chips
1 greased baking sheet
 
Sift together the sugar, cocoa powder, flour and salt.  Drizzle in the melted butter while still hot, add the vanilla and stir to combine.  Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out 20 portions and use your hands to roll them into balls.  Place on the baking sheet and let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes.
 
Using the double broiler method from my last post melt the chocolate chips down and let cool slightly. pour the melted chocolate over the truffles making sure they are all covered.  Allow the truffles to rest at room temperature before serving.
Now that you have a few of my favorite chocolate recipes, share them with your friends.  While your at it share the blog too!

No comments:

Post a Comment